According to the reports, the UP Board reduces the syllabus for the academic year 2020-21 by 30% for class XI and XII on Thursday.
After CBSE and ICSE, UP Board reduces the syllabus by 30%

Lucknow: According to the reports, the UP Board reduces the syllabus for the academic year 2020-21 by 30% for class XI and XII on Thursday. Deputy chief minister Dinesh Sharma says that the rest 70 per cent syllabus will be divided into three parts and will be taught online or by other means of communication like Doordarshan. The first part of the syllabus will be taught by the teachers, the second part will include a syllabus which will be a self-study whereas the third part will have a project work done by the students. 

Teachers have been asked to come up with an academic time table for students and to create a database of class-wise, subject-wise, and lesson-wise question banks accordingly which will be uploaded on the UP Board website for the evaluation. The evaluation will be conducted monthly, quarterly, and on an annual basis. This has been done to minimize the pressure of students caused by the school syllabus due to the COVID-19 situation. UP Board is not the only board to take this decision. The same has already been done CBSE and ICSE Board.