Ryan school murder: juvenile accused to be tried as an adult


KARISHMA SRIVASTAVA 20/12/2017 15:19:43
63 Views

 

 

20-12-2017152725SqLrC9BSPv2

Gurugram, Dec 20: The 16 year old boy of Ryan International School, detained by the Central Bureau of Investigation for allegedly killing seven year old Pradyuman Thakur, will be tried as an adult, the Juvenile Justice Board ruled on Wednesday.
The class 11 student is accused of slitting a throat of Pradyuman, inside the toilet of school premises on September 8.
The JJB said, the offence allegedly committed by him was “heinous”. Transferring the case to the sessions court, the board held that the circumstances show the teenager was “mature enough” to understand the consequences of his act and to think of ways to escape punishment.
Reacting soon after the Juvenile Justice board’s decision, Varun Thakur, Pradyuman’s father said, “We were hopeful since the beginning that justice will come our way though its long way to go, but the first hurdle is over.” 
Sushil Tekriwal, lawyer of the victim’s father, termed it a turning point in the high profile case.
“The verdict of the board that the juvenile will be treated and tried as an adult is historic. The juvenile will now be produced before a sessions court and the judge will then assign the case to the relevant Child Sessions Court for the trial,” said Tekriwal.
Meanwhile, accused boy’s family expressed disappointment over the order.
The juvenile was apprehended by the CBI on November 7 in a sensational twist to the murder case. 
The Gurgaon Police had earlier arrested a Ryan school bus conductor for Pradyuman's murder.

Download English News Apps by Newstimes to to read the latest News on your Android Mobiles.

Download App


Comments

Your Feedback

Your Feedback


Loading...